The best form of prevention is to determine whether shaving or waxing irritates the skin and hair worse. Choose the method which irritates the area the least. You may have to experiment with a few hair removal methods over time but you should eventually find one that works.
Shaving:”When shaving, there are a few precautions that can be taken to prevent ingrown hairs including proper shaving techniques and preparation of the skin before shaving. When shaving, applying the proper amount of lubrication (in the form of shaving cream, gel, or soap) is important to prevent the hair from being forced underneath the surface of the skin. Also, the application of too much force with a razor can contribute to hair that is cut shorter than the surrounding dermis. Using a beard trimmer at the lowest setting (1 mm or 0.5 mm) instead of shaving is an effective alternative.” Wiki
Waxing is often the solution that people choose to prevent ingrown hairs. People often find that shaving creates a rash or razor bumps as well as ingrown hairs. When choosing to wax, ensure that you choose a professional that has been certified and has reputable reviews. The esthetician or Waxing technician should be able to explain to your the proper way to care for your skin before and after waxing. You should never attempt to wax yourself. You can cause damage by burning or tearing the skin.
The most effective way to prevent ingrown hair is HPL hair removal. Hpl hair removal methods are more of a permanent solution. We have done countless hours of research and have found the highest rated Hpl system.
If you want to know more check out the Silk’n website. Also Because we are an affiliate of Silken we can offer the following discount: FREE shipping on all Silk’n Flash&Go permanent hair removal devices!
- Exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize every single day with a pumice glove. Use only liquid soap!
- Don’t wear tight panties, pants or leggings for the next few days.
- Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- Opt for a shower. Don’t take a hot bath, or hot tub for the rest of the day.
- No tanning beds, saunas or steam rooms for the next two days.
- Short-term abstinence. Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24 – 48 hours.
You can prevent ingrown hairs!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS PAGE!